PezRez and md261 are two of the poker world's most consistent 6-max SNG players. Together they run 6maxcoaching.com, which offers coaching and staking services. Here they dissect hands and games they've played. Also found at: www.6maxcoaching.com/blog

Monday 15 March 2010

Playing it safe

md261 on 15 March 2010

PokerStars Game $35+$3 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20)
Seat 1: Villain (1500 in chips)
Seat 2: Hero (1500 in chips)
Seat 3: Player 3 (1500 in chips)
Seat 4: Player 4 (1500 in chips)
Seat 5: Player 5 (1500 in chips)
Seat 6: player 6 (1500 in chips)
Player 5: posts small blind 15
Player 6: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [9s 9c]
Villain: raises 60 to 80
Hero: calls 80
Player 3: folds
Player 4: calls 80
Player 5: calls 70
Player 6: calls 60


I found myself in the sweetest $38 sit'n'go last night. All the other players were truly terrible. I figured they would knock each other out and I would be able to coast to the bubble, only playing quality hands.
With this in mind, I picked up 99 the very first hand, the loose-aggressive villain raised it from under the gun. Normally I would consider a reraise but I know the villain would reraise with a wide range of hands, and would be unlikely to fold anything before the flop.

With this in mind I decided to just call. Although normally I would want to isolate the original raiser and get the pot Heads-up, I was more concerned about not creating a large pot early on in a soft sit'n'go, and was confident I could play post-flop better than the rest of the table.

Run good

md261

No comments:

Post a Comment